Conservative Action Plan
I wish to thank everyone for all that you have done to aid our country in its time of greatest need since the Revolution itself.
The USA, created a new paradigm enshrining private property where individuals control their own resources, producing untold prosperity to the point where our poorest people now have a standard of living that would be the envy of kings of yore. In fact, it has a built-in method of wealth redistribution that until recently prevented a handful of people getting control of most of the resources.
Historically, our greatest financial successes, from the infamous and much maligned robber barons to today’s wealthiest, eventually tire of making money, and promote themselves to positions of philanthropy.
From the Carnegies and Mellons to today’s Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, they reach the pinnacle of power and CHOOSE to redistribute their wealth. That is the end result of unleashing the liberty of self -interest. There has never been a more benevolent system of economics in history. It is only opposed by those who cannot create and crave control over others’ resources. This conflict dates to the dawn of history. Our free market system defeats that conflict, and therefore, must be destroyed by those who thrive on conflict.
Since 1776, the Royalists and their descendants have been trying to put the genie of liberty back in the bottle. The only reason that “social” issues have any relevance at all is that they are used to cajole us out of our resources. That’s it, power mongers do not care about health care, the environment, children, gay people, religion, God or gun crime; they only care about getting control of our accumulated wealth. They use all of the social issues and often create social issues to use as emotional levers to expand their control, not to improve our lives.
The only hammer we have to control our out-of-control an abusive government is our cumulative wealth. It is the only tool we have refused to use to date. For the past 5 years, conservatives have spent untold dollars and hours in a futile effort to get our government to respond to our demands. We have made some progress, but our progress is far outstripped by the abuses of the current administration and complicit Congress and Supreme Court.
We tried the election method, only to be subverted by a combination of a deceitful media and election fraud. I am presenting this very simple and very doable action plan to supplement all other ongoing activities. I hope you will take it seriously and help to promote it.
We want the government to stop spending. They won’t. The obvious solution is to give them an object lesson in “not spending”. The following action plan focuses on a short term plan to bring this government to its knees and submit to our demands, then a long term plan to restore our Constitution to its original intent, government of, by and for the people.
One of the major premises of a representative republic is that collectively, we are wiser than competent statesmen. I believe that is correct and look forward to hearing from all of you.
CONSERVATIVE ACTION PLAN
Restore the Republic
We the People of the United States of America hereby demand our nation and our government back. We demand all egregious spending, including the Stimulus Package, Omnibus Spending bill and the Budget be rescinded immediately. All socialist legislation, including Health Care Reform, Cap and Trade and any other wealth redistribution legislation must be rejected immediately. All restrictions to energy exploration and development must be revoked. Our military must be fully restored as its creation and maintenance is one of the signal responsibilities of the Federal government. These demands need to be debated and refined within the public arena.
As an object lesson for our government, We the People, are about to embark on an object lesson in how to “not spend money”.
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
We have concluded that our government no longer represents us. After calls and letters to the government were between 100 to 1 against the TARP program and all subsequent spending, Congress passed all of that legislation in open defiance of the American people. Indeed, our government has demonstrated such contempt for us, for life, liberty and pursuit of happiness that we have difficulty recognizing it as a government of the United States of America.
These actions constitute gross betrayal and abuse of our trust and shall not stand.
- Repeal the Stimulus Package.
- Repeal the Omnibus Spending Bill
- E all unnecessary spending and all governmental agencies not specifically enumerated in the Constitution
- Repeal Obamacare
- Reject Cap and Trade legislation
- Revoke all restrictions to domestic energy exploration, development and production
- Restore adequate funding and patriotic leadership to our military
- Engage in immediate and serious reform of all entitlement spending to relegate most safety net activities to private charities where they belong.
Phase 1 Protest
- Weekly 24-hour spending freezes on Mondays beginning immediately: Go Galt Mondays. No financial transactions on Mondays. If you’re afraid it may hurt someone, it may. But the runaway spending has and will continue to hurt everyone and will hurt us a great deal more than anything you can do by going Galt on Monday.
- When the media can no longer ignore the spending freezes and begins to report on it, Phase 1 is complete.
During Phase 1, no one will reduce spending, and may increase it while stocking up on non-perishable consumables. Businesses can participate in and support this freeze by not transacting business on Mondays. Retailers can close on Mondays, or stay open with a skeleton crew for emergencies. They and all other businesses that may be impacted can also prepare for the long-term spending freeze by saving cash to sustain their businesses during that period or supplement their services and products to include consumable necessities.
Phase 2 Protest
Halt the 24-hour spending freezes and engage in a long-term discretionary spending freeze. During this long-term freeze we will refrain from making any purchases or investments which are not absolutely necessary to hold our jobs and feed our children.
This spending freeze will continue until all of the above terms are met.
While engaging in the spending freeze, we will further research and debate the following initial recommendation for a long-term strategy to fully restore our republic and self-government:
STRATEGY TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC
1. Restructure the House of Representatives to equal either the 1 Representative per 30,000 citizens as stated in
the Constitution, or at a level at which citizens can successfully run for House seats.
- Split all Congressional districts during each succeeding census, increasing the number of Representatives until the target ratio is met. (Recommend 1 representative for every 100,000 citizens as I believe modern technology can support such a ratio.)
- As the House becomes better populated, more and more Representatives can reside in their districts most of the year and participate in debates and votes electronically from their home offices.
- Offices in Washington, D. C. can be shared and rotate to allow all Representatives some time in Washington, and most of their time in their home offices where they are available to their constituents.
2. Repeal the 17th Amendment allowing general elections to select State Senators. Restore to the State Legislatures
the right of selecting the Senators to hold office in the Federal Senate as this amendment has diminished the
sovereignty of the States.
3. Repeal the 16th Amendment allowing the Federal government to tax income. This will reduce federal revenues by
4. Dismantle all Federal agencies, bureaus and departments not specifically authorized by the Constitution, delegating
those deemed necessary to the States.
Where desired by the States, they can assume authority over those federal bureaus, departments and agencies as are hosted within state borders and continue their operation at the individual state discretion.
Recipe for Tyranny
In 1911 the number of Representatives in the House reached membership of 435. Two years later, the 16th Amendment granted the Federal Government the right to tax “income” (though the exact definition of “income” remains in some dispute). In 1929 a House Rule permanently limited membership to 435.
These two events created two corresponding statistics, one going up and one going down, that have reached critical mass in their relationship.
The two statistics are:
- Per capita representation in Congress which is going down. At present, with a population of over 306,000,000 and approximately 435 members of the House of Representatives, we have 1 Representative for every 703,000 people. When the Constitution was written, it stated “The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative;”
- Federal revenues from income tax are going steadily up. The liberal desire to “spread the wealth” may have some merit. We currently have, by one revenue chart, as much as 40% of the GDP of our entire nation under the incontestable and un-monitored control of 535 people who are more answerable to campaign contributors and lobbyists than to their constituents.
This is a recipe for tyranny. Whether it results in an oligarchy that engages in socialism, communism or any other ism is immaterial. Losing our right to control our individual and national destiny is a problem that warrants some attention, even some action.
The Citizen Statesman and Self-Government
The purpose of the lower house, the House of Representatives, is to ensure self government by the Citizens of the United States of America. The House was to be composed of citizen statesmen, not professional or career politicians. The term is only for 2 years for multiple reasons, to prevent too long of an interruption in the citizen statesman’s career, and also to prevent complacency and self indulgence to take root.
This body of citizen statesmen is the only arm of the government empowered to introduce new legislation to raise revenues. Yet, our President repeatedly demanded such of them, and they have complied against the will of the people they represent.
The upper house, the Senate was to be composed of longer term, career statesmen who can provide balance and guidance to the members of the House. Neither the executive branch nor the judicial branch is empowered to introduce new legislation, only Congress. And that lower house was to be composed, not of politicians, but of citizens.
With each Representative representing a constituency of over 700,000, it is no longer possible for a common citizen to communicate effectively with enough of these people to acquire a majority of votes. Only the independently wealthy are able to run for office. People who need to work fulltime jobs are prohibited by logistics from office. This is the greatest tragedy and the single greatest reason for the deterioration of our republic to an oligarchy. We must, reduce the ratio of citizens to representatives to a level which will enable an average working citizen to campaign and fund-raise on a part-time basis and be able to win. If it means enlarging the House of Representatives to a full 10,000 members, to the level of 30,000 citizens per representative, then so be it.
The Constitution of the United States of America was so designed that all laws are to originate with the people, via Congress, not the government. It was designed to prevent the tyranny of an elite minority over the majority, to prevent a cabal from seizing the reins of government. Yet, over the past century, this is exactly what has transpired. Per our Declaration of Independence, it is not only our prerogative to take action, but our duty.
This proposal is submitted to the people of the United States of America for consideration, debate, and comment. It is a starting point; please feel free to add comments and refinements to help us Restore the Republic.